Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Another Conference...

I'm at the 2nd conference. We move the day after I get back.

My talk was a big hit. I had disproved a Famous Scientist's work, and presented my results to an audience containing the big people in my field (including Famous Scientist). After the talk, FS told me he liked my work, and then he thanked me for citing him! The founder of my field also liked it, and spoke with me for ten minutes about what to investigate next.

So... this conference is at the most inconvenient time in my life, but I'm finally on the map within my field!

4 comments:

GMP said...

Congrats! Sounds like you made quite a splash.

Genomic Repairman said...

Congratulations and here's to hoping your signal on the scientific radar only gets stronger.

PhD Mom said...

That is so awesome. GF you deserve it.

MommyProf said...

Good luck with the move, and good on ya for the conference. That's really great.